Are you planning a visit to the Wadden Islands? Make sure you follow the measures
Are you planning to visit one of our Wadden Islands? You are more than welcome. With summer coming, it can get quite busy on the ferries to the islands. Please make sure you follow the Corona measures at the terminal and on board our ferries.
- Avoid crowds. Do you prefer travelling when it is less busy? The best thing is to select a departure (when travelling to the island) in the evening or (when travelling back to the mainland) early in the morning.
- Wash your hands before and after the journey
- Keep a safe distance of 1.5 m (where possible). Unfortunately, it is not always possible to keep a distance of 1,5 m in public transport.
- Wear a face mask. This applies to all travelers aged 13 and older on our grounds, in the terminals and on the ships. We follow the guidelines of the RIVM. Our employees also adhere to this.
- Follow the indicated pedestrian routes
- Pay contactless
- Max. 2 people in the lift (if available)
- Please remain seated as much as possible for the duration of the crossing
- In order to limit social contact, we request that all occupants of vehicles remain in the car during the crossing. You do not have to wear a face mask if you stay in the car, but you do when you leave the car
- When leaving the ferry, please keep a safe distance of 1.5 m
We urgently appeal to our passengers to take their responsibility.
Because all seats in public transport may be used, passengers may experience certain departures as busier than currently desired. We do everything we can to make your trip as safe and comfortable as possible. We do this not only by complying with national rules, but also through additional measures such as extra cleaning and plastic mudguards between the seats.
No face mask for medical reasons?
Splash masks (face shields) are only permitted for passengers who demonstrably cannot or are not allowed to wear a mouth-nose mask for medical reasons. They are also required to demonstrate their exceptional position:
- by showing evidence that he / she is being treated by a doctor or healthcare organization, for example a referral letter or proof of an appointment with a doctor;
- by a statement from a companion or relative why he / she cannot wear a mouth mask;
- by showing a card showing that he / she is an exception;
- by showing his / her medical aid or medicines.
Experience has taught us that if, in addition to passengers with mouth-nose masks, there are also passengers in the salon without protective measures, this creates confrontational situations and a lot of unrest among the travelers. Unfortunately, we cannot transport passengers who do not wish to comply with the above instructions.
Placing a reservation using 'credit'. Many of the reservations that were cancelled in spring 2020, were converted into credit. Passengers can only make a new reservation using this credit by contacting our Customer Service and giving the reservation number. (!) Attention: You cannot use this credit for a new online reservation once this reservation has been confirmed.
Want to find out more?
Go to the government website for more information about the Corona measures in public transport.